Friday 25 November 2011

#186: Why I don't jog

Jogging has become extremely popular. Explain why you jog or why you don't.

I don't like exercise. I thought I hated it, but I don't hate it. Hate is too strong a word. Exercising includes sports, running, walking, and jogging. I've always found it hard to move about. I don't know how I did it when I was smaller. Maybe I've become too lazy. Just recently, I had to make a PowerPoint presentation for my biology class. The PowerPoint was on Marfan syndrome. I read through the symptoms and the effects, and I started to suspect that I had the syndrome. I most probably don't, but I plan to have a check-up this holiday, just in case. The symptoms could explain a lot about my "exercise" and jogging routine. I don't really have a routine because I don't exercise. I don't jog because I get tired super-duper fast, and then I start to breathe really heavily. I don't like the feeling of gulping in air after a long time. I feel like a dying fish. Maybe there's something wrong with my throat, because I also have trouble swallowing dry food like digestive biscuits.

That's actually not possible, because I eat through my esophagus and I take in air through my trachea.
I don't jog because I don't want to, but because I feel like I can't. I hate getting tired, and I hate coming last. I came last in cross country. Surprisingly, I don't feel so embarrassed about it because I tried. See? I did try. I ran. (I actually jogged and walked the whole way) And I came last. I try, but the tired feeling I get after running makes me sad.

I really don't like exercising. I don't like anything that involves moving. I sound very lazy, but I can't help it. It's who I am. Everyone has their own thing. Jogging's not mine. 

2 comments:

  1. So what exactly are the symptoms of Marfan syndrome? Maybe I have it too, because I don't like exercising, either.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think you do. If you're actually serious about knowing the symptoms, just type it in Google. Marfan Syndrome.

    ReplyDelete