Friday 9 December 2011

#232: Procrastinating...

Ten things you do when you procrastinate.

1.  Watch a movie or a TV show. When I procrastinate, I even watch movies and episodes I've already seen so that I'm always occupied!

2. Sit and make little bookmarks for my best friends while they work. I work harder on these little bookmarks than my homework most of the time. Last year, I spent TWO hours making them little bookmarks with little stickers and quotes! I love making things when I don't have to make them. I always had trouble in art because we'd have to do an assignment and I always mess up on things that I HAVE to do. (art wise)

3. Read a book and comment on everything I'm reading. I like telling my roommate anything that I think sounds interesting. I think this habit was worst when I was reading a Chris Kuzneski book. Chris Kuzneski just has so many interesting facts in his book! I couldn't stop asking my roommate questions, especially because this particular book was set in Germany, and my roommate's German, and she'd been to almost all the places in the book! It was so cool!

4. Sleep. I like to sleep when I don't want to work. It helps me forget what work I have, even if it's just for a few hours.

5. Write in my journal. (Or read my previous entries.) I like writing about everything I've done, but that's only on special days when something really important's happened. I like reading my entries even more than writing them, because they're hilarious. I can't believe that I actually write such funny and lame things!

6. Make a paper crane for my roommate. Origami's fun, or just fun to look at it. I'm bad at origami, so the only things I can make properly are boats, airplanes, and paper cranes. I make paper cranes because they're more complex than boats and airplanes (and also because the way I make my boats is supposedly not the "right" way). Even making paper cranes can be hard for me, because I forget when I'm supposed to fold what.

7. Watch my roommate work while I'm lying down. Most of the time, I don't do much while procrastinating, so I just lie down and watch my roommate study. That way, I'm doing something productive (resting and observing), and I can always ask my roommate random questions about what she's doing.

8. Eat. I like to eat when I work because working makes me hungry. I still feel like eating when I'm not studying because it gives me something to do, and when I eat, my roommate eats too, and it's like having a whole meal again!

9. Do word search puzzles. I love word search puzzles. They're a good way to spend free time because they don't require much brain usage, and I like to believe that they help us improve our "searching" skills.

10. Cleaning. By cleaning, I don't mean cleaning everything. I don't have OCD. I just like sorting out my pencil box. I love stationery, and I like choosing which pencil or pen I'm going to use for the next day!

3 comments:

  1. Achi, it sounds just like you!
    Good excuses for everything that you do while Procrastinating.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Hee Seo. These are exactly the things I find you doing when you aren't working! Very realistic and practical!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hehe, I like this!

    Sounds like lots of great procrastinating methods ;)

    ReplyDelete