Sunday 4 December 2011

#222:Library

Where you go to hide and why.

I hide when I'm angry. Or sad, bored, annoyed, or just tired, and when you have to hide, you have to find the perfect place. It can't be too dark, because the dark is scary and just very gloomy, and you can't hide in place that's empty, because you really don't have anything to do but cry, or remain angry, and there's not really anywhere you can hide then. As I said before, you have to have a perfect place to hide, and the perfect place for me is the library.

I really, really like books. I like reading even though I haven't read a book in so long. I like the library too. It has books, and I like books, and it has so many shelves! I like the way the shelves are placed. They always remind me of a maze. They always have nooks and crannies between shelves and in all those other places. It's fun sitting in a small corner and reading, and I remember doing it when I was in elementary school. It used to be really fun then, because I'd always choose the same books to read again and again. I read Enid Blyton's books or this other book, which I loved. It was a picture book called Who Took My Strawberries?. The library teacher read it to us when we were in second grade, and I loved it. I liked how they had pretty pictures and how the book smelled really new. I loved reading books in the library.

The two things I love; books, and the library. When I hide, I hide in the library. It's comfortable hiding in there and you always have something to do. I like sitting on the floor and looking through the books when I'm hiding  for any reason. Most people don't talk to you when you're in the library and looking at a book, so I don't have to tell people about whatever is troubling me. I can look through books and find books that I would like to read in the future. I can look at books, but not really look at them either. I can have a book in my hand while I think about something else and no one will ask me whether I'm daydreaming or not. Most of all, books help me forget my problems. I can always read a book and rely on it to distract me from things happening around me. I like the feeling. Sometimes, you get so tired of everything that you have to leave it all and do something completely different. Reading helps me accomplish that. And sometimes, books can enlighten you. It's not only the books, but the whole act of reading. I find that solutions come to me while I'm reading about something completely different. It's wonderful!

I love books, and you will too! You just have to go to a library if you're happy, sad, or lonely, and you feel all better all of a sudden. It's possible for objects to be friends, because books are a perfect example! Books make great company whatever you're feeling, and there are no expectations or anything. You don't have to give anything to sit and read to feel better, and you don't have to expect anything from a book. You just come and go. It's the beauty of it.




3 comments:

  1. first of all this sounds like the writing of a very excited fifth grader who just discovered what a book is for.... second, who goes to hide in a library? its the most populous place in high school... i thought the whole point of hiding was to get a away from people...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seems like the library is a sanctuary for you..I mean everyone has one and mines the gym..that is the place i take out my anger..but i disagree with your statement that everyone should go to the library if happy or sad.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I disagree because the library does not help solve everyones problems..especially mine..staying quite and hiding my anger never worked for me..but i still like your article.

      Delete